Here's how to get started with your practice questions:
Once you have purchased your desired question bank, log into your BoardVitals account and follow the steps below:
- Click the green GO button next to your purchased question bank.
- Choose a name for your exam, if you choose not to name your exam, the exam name will default to the original - question bank name, followed by the date (i.e. Psychiatry Exam February 12, 2019, NCLEX-RN July 2, 2019).
- Select a difficulty level: Easy, Moderate, or Hard. You can also select All to receive questions from any difficulty, or choose just one or a combination of difficulty levels. These levels are calculated from the number of correct and incorrect answers for a particular question during Test Mode (Timed) exams, which gives them the appropriate rating.
- Check the boxes next to the topics you wish to cover on your exam.
- Select an exam type: Test Mode (Timed) or Study Review Mode.
- Select the number of questions desired on your exam.
- Click Create Exam.
- Begin answering questions.
- Select your answer from the choices, or fill in the blank.
- (Optional) View the answer and complete explanation to the question by clicking the blue Show Explanation button under the question.
- Click the Next button.
- Continue answering questions until you have completed your exam.
- Once you have finished your exam, click Submit for Grading.
- You will then be led to a results page. Here, you will see your performance on your exam, and see how you rank against other BoardVitals users.
*Note: You can leave an exam any time by clicking the yellow Pause button. All exams you have created are available to you in the Exams tab on the left-hand side of your screen.
If you'd like to purchase another question bank, click on the BoardVitals logo in the upper-lefthand corner of your Dashboard to return to the storefront.