BoardVitals Nursing School Scholarship Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY OR PAYMENT OF MONEY NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law
1. Sponsor. BoardVitals Inc., a subsidiary of Ascend Learning, LLC (“BoardVitals” or “Sponsor”).
2. Eligibility. The BoardVitals Nursing School Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to those individuals who (a) are currently enrolled as a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th-year nursing student in an accredited nursing school located in the United States (b) are residents of the United States; and (c) agree to participate in the Contest by (i) registering to enter before the deadline of June 30, 2021, 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Deadline”), (ii) providing an essay or video submission, as described in the “How to Enter” Section below before the Contest Deadline, and (iii) agreeing to provide a photographic of his/herself if selected as the winner. Individuals must reside in the United States and must be at least 18 years of age to enter. Residents of Puerto Rico are ineligible to enter. The Contest is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Participation in the Contest is voluntary.
3. Contest; Contest Period. The Contest, consisting of the following awards (1) one first place award consisting of one $2,500 Visa Prepaid Card Prize to the winner and (2) one second place award consisting of one $1,000 Visa Prepaid card to the second place winner and (3) five additional awards each consisting of a one-time coupon code of 50% off any BoardVitals product, excluding CME Pro Plus (collectively, the “Prize”), starts on February 1, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time and ends on July 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period may be extended at the sole discretion of BoardVitals, with notification of that extension posted on BoardVitals’ website.
4. How to Enter. To enter online, visit https://info.boardvitals.com/boardvitals-nursing-school-scholarship (the “Website”) during the Contest Period, fully complete the Official Entry Form and upload your “Essay” or “Video” on the following topic: “Can you describe a nursing industry trend that’s caught your eye? Why does it interest you?” (the “Entry”). Each Essay Entry must be approximately 500 typed words. Each Video Entry may be no longer than 120 seconds (two minutes). Each Entry Form will require entrants to fill out their full name, email address, phone number, nursing school name, and professional, academic and community accomplishments.
5. Entries. Limit is one Entry per person. Multiple Entries from the same person will be disqualified. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting an Entry for the Contest, you agree that the Sponsor has and thereby grant the nonexclusive, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid-up, royalty-free, licensable, transferable and unrestricted right to use your name and the Entry in whole or in part, commercially or non-commercially, in any media, in perpetuity, worldwide, including, without limitation, the right to publish and display the Entry for advertising and publicity, and to edit and derivative works, all without additional notification, review, approval of compensation to anyone, including you, the entrant. Additionally, you agree that the Sponsor may post the Entry (including your name), or any portion thereof, on its website and/or its web pages on third-party sites, and/or use in any media.
Entry must meet all of the following requirements or it will be disqualified:
- Entrant is solely responsible for the Entry he/she submits for the Contest;
- Entry must be original (created by the entrant), truthful and unpublished;
- Entry must be in English;
- Essay Entries must be approximately 500 words and Video Entries may not be longer than 120 seconds;
- Entrant must complete the Official Entry Form;
- Entry may not contain any confidential information;
- Entry must not violate third-party rights, including, but not limited to: copyrights, including music copyrights, trademark or right of publicity. Do not use any third-party trademarks, company names or logos;
- Entrant agrees to provide a photograph of his/herself if selected as the winner;
- Entrant agrees to provide proof of eligibility at any time at the request of Sponsor. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of the entrant and the Entry; and
- Any other requirements required by applicable law.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Entry that it believes contain obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
Any entrant who submits an Entry (in accordance with these Official Rules) prior to May 1, 2021 will receive a one-time 30% discount on BoardVitals’ CME Pro Plus (the “Discount”). The Discount: (i) may be used only by the entrant, (ii) is non-transferrable, and (iii) must be used by the entrant prior to 1/1/2022, after which time the Discount will expire and be void.
6. Judging. The Entries will be judged by a panel of judges that is composed of BoardVitals employees, whose decisions are final based on the following criteria: Essay/Video content and academic achievements. One first place winner will be chosen for the Visa prepaid card and 5 other winners will be chosen for the 50% off BoardVitals coupon. In the event that Sponsor does not receive any eligible entries, Sponsor may cancel the Contest without notice to any entrants.
7.Winner Notification. Time is of the essence to accept and provide required Affidavit and Release. The winners will be notified by email using the email address provided in the Official Entry Form within approximately forty-five days following the close of the Contest Period (the “Notification”). BoardVitals is not responsible or liable for lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a Notification or attempted Notification is returned as undeliverable, the related Prize(s) will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner as described below. If a winner does not reply to such Notification within ten business days of the date BoardVitals first notified the winner that he or she had won the Prize, such winner will be disqualified, without notice to said winner, and an alternate winner will be selected. The Notification will include information about how to claim the Prize and includes an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, as allowed by state law, which must be completed, signed and returned within fourteen days from the date of Notification or the winner will forfeit the Prize. In order to receive the $2,500 Visa Prepaid Card Prize, the winner must provide BoardVitals a valid mailing address to which the Prize should be sent. The $2,500 Visa Prepaid Card Prize will be mailed to the winners within ten days of BoardVitals’ receipt of the foregoing documents, including a current photograph and any required tax documentation.
8. Prize Redemption. All costs and expenses are solely the responsibility of the Prize winner. The winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with the receipt or use of his/her respective Prize. The winners will be issued a Form 1099 in the amount of the actual retail value of the Prize, if and as required by law. The Prize may not be redeemed for cash; nor may it be transferred, assigned or substituted.
9.Promotion. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize constitutes a winner’s consent to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known (including, without limitation, use online at BoardVitals’ website) his/her name, likeness, biographical information, Essay Entry, Video Entry, voice, statements, photograph or other likeness without further notification or compensation for advertising, promotional and publicity purposes by BoardVitals, using media of BoardVitals’ choice. In the case of any dispute, the matter will be decided by BoardVitals in the exercise of its sole discretion.
10.Use of Data. By participating in the Contest, entrants hereby agree to BoardVitals’ collection and usage of their personal information as described herein.
11. Disqualification; Discontinuation of Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, attempting to interfere with the proper play of this Contest or to be otherwise behaving in an unsportsmanlike manner, or if the Contest is compromised by unauthorized human intervention or other causes, which corrupts the administration, security, fairness or intended proper play of the Contest, BoardVitals reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to discontinue, suspend, terminate or modify the Contest and to proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of a potential winner in a random drawing from among eligible entries received prior to any such discontinuation, suspension, termination or modification.
12. By participating in the Contest, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, third-parties engaged to manage the Contest and Prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors and assigns (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability, costs, claims, damages (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury that may be sustained in connection with accessing the Website, submitting an Entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of any Prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in, or traveling to or from any Prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any Prize. The winners shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their Prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor makes no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any Prize.
13. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer. The Released Parties are not responsible for any condition caused by events beyond its control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted, including without limitation illegible, unintelligible, late, lost, damaged, incomplete, misdirected or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate Entry information; or for any typographical, technical or human errors whether due to technical or computer malfunctions, human error, lost/delayed/garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, or which may otherwise occur in the transmission of processing of any entries in this Contest. The Released Parties are not responsible for technical or computer malfunctions of any kind, failures of any telephone computer line or network, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof. IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF EFFORTS TO CREATE OR SUBMIT THE ENTRY OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION OR USE OF THE PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZES AND CONTEST IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
14. General. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound and abide by these Official Rules. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually and without resort to class action, in the appropriate courts in the State of New York exclusively. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or a party's rights and obligations, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of any other jurisdiction. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
15. Winners List. To request a copy of a list of all winners, send an emails to BoardVitals at email@example.com. Requests must be received on or before the date which is sixty days after completion of the Contest Period.